Friday, January 25, 2013

Off the Page


I teach 2 of my 3 kids (both teens who don't fit the system!) at home. When they were younger I worked off my own curriculumn but now they are older and one's doing exams we study via the NZ Correspondence School (Te Kura.) There's still a lot of extra teaching to be done in and around the subject wok they send and I like to do what we call 'off the page' work. Usually we focus on the holidays (St Patricks, Mardi Gra's etc) but this term I'm introdcing this box...

The envelopes are all made from magazine pages as you can see but contain half hour activties covering everything from survival skills in a disaster to scripture and butchers diagrams of meat cuts.

The idea is that they will pick an envelope to carry on with if I am busy (usually with the other sibling) so they're not just sitting and waiting. It will also encourage independant working on topics not in the NZ curriculmn. That's one of the things I love about home teaching and tt's cost nothing other than time and printer ink. That's a win/win in my book!

May you nest be blessed,
Lisa

Feel free to drop in on the other participants and enjoy their thrifty sharing too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Strangers are just friends we haven't met yet...thanks for dropping by to say hi!