Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Treasure Chest Thursday week 4




Twine wrapped bottles and Jute tied bottles aren't an original idea. They're right up there with macrame plant hangers and wall hangings..and there is a reason they've made a comeback. Check out this gorgeous tutorial for sewing a fish net to spruce up those bottles!

The Smallest Forest posted this cool geometric pattern to use up those last bits of thread. Waste not! I love this idea, imagine the awesome things the finished fabric could be turned into.

Bees Wax ornaments...need I see more. I want to make these, hundreds of them! Here's a short poem from the same post.

The Bee
His labor is a chant,
His idleness a tune;
Oh, for the bee’s experience
Of clovers and of noon!

- Emily Dickinson









Ribbon weave baskets...roll on spring I say! Officially there's still around 5 weeks to go but I've already spotted wild bulb flowers growing along the road side. Such sweet promise! Unfortunately I couldn't find the actual tutorial but if you click this image it will enlarge so you can be inspired too.

I tried making these pine cones. Mine came out a little rough but it will be worth me having another go. These are sweet and the tutorial is great. It was me that was the problem not the cones! Haha.

Last but not least...Make it a Wonderful life posted this CD weaving tutorial.
I think this is a fantastic idea and if I ever yarn bomb a tree these are going to be on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strangers are just friends we haven't met yet...thanks for dropping by to say hi!